Well Nigel Botterill, the successful entrepreneur who built eight million dollar businesses in seven years says that, if you are serious about growing your business, you do.
Why is that?
Well, Nigel says that there are lots of things to do in a business, but, if you are serious about growing your business, you don’t need to do them. And, he names book-keeping as the prime example.
Nigel maintains that if you are serious about growing your business then you should spend your time on the activities of getting and keeping customers, not on activities that someone else can do.
So, what are the benefits of employing a book-keeper? Here are five good reasons:
• Your records are accurate and up to date;
• You know where you are – key accounting numbers are easily extracted;
• You don’t have to burn the midnight oil after a long day’s work, recording your transactions;
• You will save money – your year-end accountancy bills will be much less than if you did not have a book-keeper; and
• Perhaps the most important point – the time you save can be devoted to getting customers and growing your business.
Well then, are you doing your own book-keeping or have you, like Nigel, employed a book-keeper and freed up your time to spend on your business rather than in it?